Monday, December 15, 2008

Chalk

What a movie? I really enjoyed Chalk. For anyone who hasn't seen it, you don't have to be a future teacher to get a kick out of it. This movie made a great attempt at bringing humor into the world of teaching. Some people had a problem with the fact that they are making jokes about teaching, but I did not see anything wrong with it. I think that any way we can bring in humor and fun to education while still getting "the point" is a good thing.

At first I loved Mr. Stroope. I thought that he was very inspiring to the kids on the first day of school, and figured he was going to be our example of a good teacher. He had them laughing and interested on the first day. Then I was introduced to the other side of Mr. Stroope. He really never gets anything accomplished in his classroom, and his campaign to be the most loved teacher was ridiculous!

All in all, I really enjoyed it.

No comments: