Sunday, December 14, 2008

iMovie Project -- Last Child in the Woods

My group created our iMovie about the book Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. I enjoyed working on the movie, though it was very time consuming. There were clear positives and negatives in relation to the movie project in my opinion.

I really enjoyed the group work process. Our group had many great discussions on the book, and we had a lot of fun filming the movie. I think that creating the movie, helped us get even a better understanding of the book, and helped me appreciate it more (especially since we had so much fun playing outside for our movie).

On the opposite side of the spectrum their were one or two not so spectacular things about the project. First of all, it put a lot of emphasis on having a good computer person in your group. My group was lucky, because we had someone who was very savvy when it came to making movies, which helped us all have a better understanding when working on it. But I can't imagine how tough it would be for a group if they had all members that know as much as I do about computers. It would have been a nightmare. Secondly, the project was extremely time consuming. Though it's not a bad thing, it was a lot of time to put on a review of a book.

All in all, an enjoyable project with the group and circumstances I had to work with.

No comments: