Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Night Forum Lectures

What a great idea! What better sources to provide for teachers to ask questions for then administrators, teachers, school board members, and parents. That pretty much covers all the categories. The only thing we missed was students themselves!

I feel like I got a lot out of the forums. It is a great way for future teachers to learn what others think, as well as gather some of my own thoughts and create my own opinions. I really liked the format in which it was basically open for us to bounce questions off of them. I felt like the teachers were very insightful, as well as the parents. They both gave really good answers that made me think about how I would deal with certain situations.

This process, though it may seem like we get bored, is worth doing for future students. I think that the risk of getting a little bit bored during the last 5 minutes of a lecture is worth how much we are able to get from asking these people questions. It also helps that Prof Langholz found people for the forum that were so in touch with the education system.

No comments: